Planning on a Getaway? Let Technology Give You a Helping Hand.Posted on September 5, 2022 by shieldsandboris
You’ve heard the saying that travel is food for the soul, but it can also take a good chunk out of your wallet if you’re not careful. Fortunately, there are apps out there that can help you sniff out the best bargains. To save you time and money, consider leveraging the following technology before setting out on your next getaway:
- Travelzoo – Before you go see your travel agent, check out the prices on Travelzoo. Simply type where you want to go. Whether it is a trip to the beach, a European tour, or a road trip, you will receive notifications telling you of any price drops on flights, cruises, hotels, and more. The app will also identify when you are visiting a new location and provide entertainment and restaurant deals for the area that you are visiting.
- Hotels.com – This website is the longest running hotel booking service and has been around for a quarter of a century. It is now available as an app that offers a clean interface, loyalty and rewards program, and maps.
- GasBuddy – If you are planning to hit the road, this app can sniff out the best deals for gasoline and diesel in Canada and the U.S. The app will use your location to show which stations near you have the best prices and provide you a map if you don’t know the area. It also offers the option to view amenities at the stations such as restaurants, restrooms, and car washes.
- Waze – Another way to save money on a road trip is to not get lost. Waze is owned by Google and has a stellar map to assist drivers. You will get real-time info regarding the roads near you that includes information about accidents, congestion, speed traps, and construction zones.
- TripIt – This app helps you create and organize an itinerary. You can forward all of your confirmation emails to TripIt, such as hotels, flights, car rentals, and more and the service will organize all of your information into a detailed summary that includes maps, confirmation codes, and more.
We specialize in educating and helping you protect what you have for the people you love the most. Contact us to learn more about how we can help you and your family.
A Guide to Alzheimer's Care
Planning for someone who has Alzheimer’s disease can be complicated. Proper planning in advance can help alleviate many frustrations as the disease progresses. The time to act is now. Learn the steps for proper planning from our eBook to ensure that things are handled according to your wishes and that you’ve taken the best steps possible to protect your loved ones and your family’s financial security.
When Someday Arrives
We wrote this book for retirees and child caregivers as a tool to allow you to stay at home as long as possible and as a guide of what to do if you or a loved one cannot stay at home. We believe every family has a legacy to protect, and it is our job to protect that legacy. The greatest risk to today’s retiree is a long-term care health crisis. Request your copy today to prepare for what the future holds.
What To Do When A Loved One Dies
Consumers and financial planners, use this book as a down-to-earth primer of estate planning and elder law! Learn about the duties, rights, and responsibilities of the executor or administrator of an estate and what you should expect from competent legal counsel when you have to probate an estate. Find tools such as a guide to help you retain competent counsel and even an estate organizer so you can organize your own affairs.
Don't Go Broke in a Nursing Home
Take back control of your life and provide excellent long-term care for your aging loved ones without going broke in the process. Find creative financial strategies to protect your assets and the quality of care you receive. In addition, learn about little-known tax incentives, how to choose the right home care providers, long-term care facilities, and how to manage the crisis.